• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

What happened to RTAW?

Post here any ideas, feedback or queries you have in regard to MASA (including Reefing the Australian Way). This forum is not for reef aquaria related questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What happened to RTAW?

Postby millotoli » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:29 pm

Having had time to calm down,
My apologies for my unnecessary comments to onsan, and others
I am keen to help, so I'll talk to masaog group to see what we may be able to do
millotoli
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby NiCd » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:31 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
NiCd
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Onsan » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:42 pm

acronut wrote:Im wondering if perhapse i can get a colored logo now?

Trying to sort this, after clearing over 900 spam business registrations, I couldn't find yours, have you registered via the landing page (masa home tab)?
MASA President
Onsan
Old Sea Dog Reefer
MASRQ Member

Postby acronut » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 10:54 pm

I filled in and submited the registration eons ago lol
So sorry officer.... i wasnt aware tangs needed so much space :/

5.5x2.5x2 scorpion reef
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=261093
acronut
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Unregistered Business

Postby Onsan » Sun 17 Apr, 2016 11:16 pm

Could you submit again? I can not find it, sorry.
MASA President
Onsan
Old Sea Dog Reefer
MASRQ Member

Postby Onsan » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 12:27 am

millotoli wrote:Having had time to calm down,
My apologies for my unnecessary comments to onsan, and others
I am keen to help, so I'll talk to masaog group to see what we may be able to do

Thanks Ollie, all good, keen to work with you so let us know where you'd like to get involved.
MASA President
Onsan
Old Sea Dog Reefer
MASRQ Member

Postby Sailfin » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:28 am

Howdy All

Ok as things stand there are a heap of people wanting to see change do things etc the thing we all seem to agree on is it needs to happen and we all know it won’t get done/changed overnight

So we can keep things in check civil and on a positive move forward without the bickering that is creeping in a little again

I purpose the following

For each masx President to head the following topics and someone to do the same for non masx in the open forum I recommend NiCad for this

Two new topics

1 purely platform suggestion name and link to it with no comments

2 what people want it to do E.G upload pics linked to what etc again what you want without comment

Run these for a month collate all info then the committee to report findings to everyone make a decision then implement it

Cheers Wayne
Smile & have a Nice Day
Sailfin
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Moderator

Postby Onsan » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 11:43 am

We've set up a forum to hold discussions on each, see below for the links if you've not already come across it.

Platform Project
viewforum.php?f=214

The Podcast Project
viewforum.php?f=215

At present, Aydee and Newyreefer have volunteered to lead the project discussions, they may/will over time ask for and build a team of volunteers that we can assign as a group, however the forums have been established so that everyone can see and make input on the progression of these projects.
Please give it the support it needs as these projects will only progress on the back of those willing to see it through.
MASA President
Onsan
Old Sea Dog Reefer
MASRQ Member

Postby NewyReefer » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 12:43 pm

Sailfin wrote:Howdy All

Ok as things stand there are a heap of people wanting to see change do things etc the thing we all seem to agree on is it needs to happen and we all know it won’t get done/changed overnight

So we can keep things in check civil and on a positive move forward without the bickering that is creeping in a little again

I purpose the following

For each masx President to head the following topics and someone to do the same for non masx in the open forum I recommend NiCad for this

Two new topics

1 purely platform suggestion name and link to it with no comments

2 what people want it to do E.G upload pics linked to what etc again what you want without comment

Run these for a month collate all info then the committee to report findings to everyone make a decision then implement it

Cheers Wayne

Great idea Wayne but you're getting a bit slow in your old age mate :tongue: haha Yea we are onto it trying to get it moving along the best we can with what we have.

Can i please ask all MASx Presidents to put a post in your forums asking for volunteers and link the 2 threads. Or if you would like i can draft up a post for you.

:cheers:
NewyReefer
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Sailfin » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 1:29 pm

Hey Matty
your right with the old age bit mate

I'm old school and all this high tech stuff is way out of my league I just know from what I see things need to be modernised

But bear in mind there are still a lot of us old fodies as they say hard to teach old dogs new tricks or something like that a podcast no friginn idea but I think it is a start and is a go

Anyhow I am all for progress and everyone being able to get along having the odd shot is fine as long as it is kept in context and civil boring otherwise

We all know we will never all agree with everything but if everyone gives a bit of leeway and stay nice can only be a good thing

Maybe a draft that is universal same in all masx and outside be good you seen to know what would be needed as in modern tech terms PM me with it and will get it sent out to everyone
Smile & have a Nice Day
Sailfin
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Moderator

Postby colg » Thu 28 Jul, 2016 5:05 pm

There sure was a lot of momentum and push back in April.
Any updates on how things are progressing?
colg
Veteran Reefer
MASRQ Member
RTAW Moderator
MASA Volunteer

Postby jayellul » Fri 05 Aug, 2016 11:23 am

colg wrote:There sure was a lot of momentum and push back in April.

Likely nothing.
jayellul
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby wayne2.0 » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 11:19 pm

jayellul wrote:
colg wrote:There sure was a lot of momentum and push back in April.

Likely nothing.

The person doing most of the work here got so much abuse ( some he deserved no doubt about that ) it Became to much for him so he left. No one has really stepped up to replace him, with all the negativity why would anyone??

Without a workaholic doing the work things are going to take time.
wayne2.0
Veteran Reefer
MASQ Committee
MASQ Member 2017-2018

Postby NiCd » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:07 pm

I kinda see this as two separate things - lack of system development vs lack of moderation and I think that person leaving has actually helped open things up a bit and as far as forum content goes we are sadly better off.

If you look at the conversation flow of the posts at the moment everything is much more friendly, people seem less on edge and there is even businesses owners replying in the new to hobby section again.

My knowledge in the whole events is limited to observation within the forum and second hand knowledge of what I have been told from differing sources on what was going on behind the scenes, so forgive me if my perception of the situation is wrong.

I think having less chiefs is a good thing at this point and less again would help remove some of the bureaucracy around change but we have so many old hats with a sense of entitlement around their position titles that have done a lot for the site in the past but refuse to give up the title to make way for the future.

The person that left was an awesome person, a great forum member, a very knowledgeable reefer and the forum lost a great asset for not having him. If it could have been managed that a step down could have taken place before it got to something like this and we managed to keep him on as a contributing member, we would have had the best of both worlds.

The structure of volunteer group forums is inevitably you give people titles as rewards for their works so stripping them of their title would likely piss them off and would likely leave and no longer contribute, if there is a way to manage this differently I think the forum can be not only returned to its former glory but surpass it.

I think the hardest trick will be trimming down the chiefs, getting some more indians to modernise everything but keeping the old chiefs around to continue contributing to content.

Again sorry if my perception of the situation is off.
NiCd
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Aydee » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 12:36 am

Hi. There is a little bit of steam. I still plan on pushing for work on the forum. However, I do have to manage my workload.
I've been less active in my mod duties lately because of work in real life. I'm rolling out projects (That pay the bills) etc.

I hope that once it settles down a bit and I get a rhythm going again, I'll then start pushing on with things.
I'd love to do another podcast. Hopefully it will be better than the last one (Which I still think went well, despite poor audio quality).

However, I'm taking personal life first, and then I'll step into MASA life a bit more.

Hopefully before end of year I'll have time to start pushing for more fun and games!

Dave
Aydee
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASAOG Committee
MASAOG Member
RTAW Moderator

Postby Brett240 » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 10:51 am

Sounds good Dave, cheers!
Brett240
Veteran Reefer

Postby Rod the Reefer » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 1:27 pm

Nothing good happens fast in this hobby.

Rod. :thumbsup:
Rod the Reefer
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Welcome Team
MASAOG Member

Postby Mr Miagi » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 6:45 pm

I have read a bit of this thread after coming back. Well done on keeping it productive.

After seeing multiple forums build from scratch, fall from grace, or stagnate, there seems to be some common standards which either lead to success or failure. The keys seems to be approachable members (regardless of the person/discussion), good content, and a usable software. I think we have all three. I think what will help the most is members enjoying being here, enjoying the forums people/content, and making sure we build on the content with information, journals and threads when you can!

:thumbsup:
--Cheers, Benny
Mr Miagi
Old Sea Dog Reefer
MASAOG Member

Postby Brett240 » Mon 30 Jan, 2017 5:07 pm

quiet around here at the moment.

im replying a lot right now in the aquaria section, especially to keep newer people interested in the board.

the 'like' button would really offer a lot right now, just to give people post feedback as not many could be bothered to reply.
Brett240
Veteran Reefer

Postby Sailfin » Tue 31 Jan, 2017 10:32 am

Good Idea Brett

And great to see you contribute :clap:

The web team are in the process of finding out about upgrading things but we need to remember these people are busy with family and work and are only able to spend a bit of time when they can on planning changing adding etc it will happen though :thumbsup:

Any and all genuine ideas will be taken on board and I'm sure implemented if possible :nod:
Cheers
Smile & have a Nice Day
Sailfin
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Moderator

Postby Aydee » Tue 31 Jan, 2017 7:20 pm

/waves..
Still not forgotten. We've got a goal now. I'm currently drafting up an upgrade plan. I'm paranoid when it comes to updating systems. (I work in cloud IT. Paranoia is my middle name).
When I've got the plan, I'll submit it to the webteam. Then we draw straws on who pulls the trigger.

I'm hoping to spend a little more time on it in the coming weeks. Expect an update from me in about a month or so. Even if it's just "Plan created, submitted for approval"

Dave
Aydee
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASAOG Committee
MASAOG Member
RTAW Moderator

Postby SkullKill » Wed 01 Feb, 2017 2:50 am

Bahhh, as long as you have a backup, and you can rollback, it cannot be that bad right :wink: . even better a snapshot of the whole VM running it....

what's the worst that can happen :devil:
SkullKill
RTAW Reefer
MASWA Member
MASWA Member

Postby MeLLeR » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 5:14 pm

Came back to RTAW today for a little looksie, to perv on some nice tanks and see what's new.

This thread pops up in my feed. Start reading and i can feel the blood pressurerising, heart getting palpatations and a migrane starts to set in and I remember why I dont come here much anymore.

God help any poor sod who dares volunteer but good on you for those who do, I couldn't do it agian!
MeLLeR
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Onsan » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 6:04 pm

So many critics, but so few volunteers...and why would you? far easier to sit back and hack then it is to stand up and do.
MASA President
Onsan
Old Sea Dog Reefer
MASRQ Member

Postby shona » Mon 10 Jul, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi Greg :wavey: good to see you back
Shona Macskasy
* MASWA Committee (Visit MASWA Web site)
* MASA Server admin (web team)

Please email me as I have PMs turned off. Committee members, please text me if possible.
shona
Old Sea Dog Reefer
MASWA Member
MASWA Member

Postby jayellul » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 10:29 am

Has anything changed in a year?
jayellul
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby NiCd » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 8:07 pm

It has got even quieter?
NiCd
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby jayellul » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 9:24 pm

Seems that way. It’s a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jayellul
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby SantaMonica » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 1:02 pm

Any changes to the 5-photo limit in the gallery?
SantaMonica
Centurion Reefer

Postby jayellul » Tue 02 Apr, 2019 9:01 pm

----->poke ------>poke
jayellul
Old Sea Dog Reefer

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements, Questions, Comments and Suggestions