• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Help

Just started out in the world of marine aquariums? Daunted by all the information, conflicting advice and just wondering what you should do? This is a forum for all of those that are new to the hobby to ask all and any beginner type of questions.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby

Help

Postby Skelz89 » Tue 24 Sep, 2019 9:44 pm

HELP!!!!

I dont know where i have gone wrong or how/if i can fix it.

Have been cycling my tank for 5 months,

On friday i bought 2 seahorses, green mandrine, 2 shrim, 2 zombi snails, 3 hermite crabs, an empirer angle and 2 clown fish.

I know the clown fish and angle can not be with sea horses, they are too fast and steal the food. Had then divided off so they couldnt get near the seahorses.

When i left to buy them tank was perfect all levels perfect!

Got home with fish to no power, temp was out and ph had dropped to 8.0. Everything else was still 0.

After much panic, research and crying i took the risk and added the fish to tank after 4 hrs of having the bags sitting in top of tank. Apparently 8.0 is ok but most marine fish prefer 8.2-8.4. Shrimped died druing drip irigation.

Next morining one clown fish was dead.

Ph still 8.0 everything else 0

Sunday evening green mandarine dead, ammonia 0.25, nitrate 5.0, did a 20% water change, cleaned tank removing all extra food and waste. Everything back to 0, ph still on 8.0.

Monday evening 1 crab dead, ammonia back to 0.25, nitrite 0.25, nitrate 0. Added 5ml fraction, brought ammonia back to 0. Again removed waste.

Tonight angle fish almost dead, ph 8.0 ammonia 0.25ppm, nitrite 0.50ppm and nitrate 10ppm

This is my 1st marine tank, i dont know what i have done wrong or forgotten. I have and aqua one marine skimmer and aquarium canister filter 1400L/h with uv light and media kit.

Please help, im deverstated, i have put so much time and money and love into this tank!!
Skelz89
Hi, I am new around here!

Return to New to the Hobby