• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Bad service Age of Aquarium

This forum is run by Age of Aquariums (a MASA Business Partner). Please feel free to use this forum to discuss any topics about products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Bad service Age of Aquarium

Postby worthy1 » Wed 04 Nov, 2015 9:01 am

smidy69 wrote:
smidy69 wrote:time frame that has caused so much pain in the arse for you Worthy1?

The impellor has nothing to do with me smidy, my issue was a simple customer service breakdown (although breakdown implies there was some to begin with). Slawman chimed in with the impellor issue..
worthy1
Centurion Reefer

Postby Protoavis » Wed 04 Nov, 2015 6:07 pm

worthy1 wrote:Have you purchased something that is out of stock and had them keep you informed? id say not, purchasing something in stock and getting it sent to you is obviously not an issue....

To be fair, its not like Ben was good at that either. A lot of the time I'd buy things during sales and not actually receive the items for several weeks...he always "emailed someone else with the same name by mistake" whenever I emailed to find out what the delay is....so it's not really a new situation with AOA. Having said that, I'm still waiting for the next big sale *shrug*
Last edited by Protoavis on Wed 04 Nov, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protoavis
Lurking Reefer

Postby clubbi4 » Wed 04 Nov, 2015 7:17 pm

slawman wrote:
smidy69 wrote:
smidy69 wrote:One thing that i want to know though and no need for a paragraph of text just a simple answer......

How come if a free at no cost impeller was offered, did you not take it? Or is it just the time frame that has caused so much pain in the arse for you Worthy1?

AoA offered to sell me a new impeller at what they claimed was their cost, a few hundred dollars. Not free.

I suggested we split the cost 50/50 for a quick resolution and that offer was rejected.

Am I missing something here?? Why would anyone expect a LFS to cover the cost of a part that has failed. AOA are not the manufacturer so I can't see how it falls on them. Your gripe should be with the manufacturer.
My Nyos Skimmer cup is cracked pretty badly and it's only 2 months old. Nyos rejected that it is a manufacture issue and claimed that I had knocked it against the sump. They shrugged it off of course..Should I be angry with Josh?? OF course not, I am angry with Nyos and I will let every one know about it. I will also never by a Nyos product again and I have also put photos of the cracks on here so anyone thinking about buying a Nyos skimmer, can see what happens to a $600+ skimmer after 2 months.
I think consumers are expecting far to much from a small business. We are not talking about a huge multi national that turns over millions of dollars and also makes millions of dollars profit. I'm sure Deltec turn over a heap more dough than AOA and they should be held 100% responsible for the failure.

Cheers
My Cade HL-900 Build : viewtopic.php?f=148&t=263538
clubbi4
RTAW Reefer

Postby mrkris » Wed 04 Nov, 2015 9:17 pm

ive been on both sides of the fence and people often wrongly assume that the retailer has an obligation to replace at their cost. they are only obliged to process the warranty which is not really much more than dealing with the manufacturer/importer/reseller and if needed sending the part back at their expense. if they go out of their way to do more than that then that is actually really good customer service.
mrkris
Bicentenary Reefer
Welcome Team

Postby worthy1 » Thu 05 Nov, 2015 7:52 am

This has turned into an impellor debate.

I did find my original thread and apologise as I thought it had disappeared. Itsall here along with others with similar issues - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=264712

Happy for mods to close/lock this one
worthy1
Centurion Reefer

Postby funebris » Thu 05 Nov, 2015 8:33 pm

So no conspiracy deleting all your posts after all?

How much $tock did you lose playing squeaky wheel?
Not sure what your reef is worth, but did you $ave more than you lo$t?

I have never tried to pressure a free part out of warranty. Seems a risky play when its a critical part of your reefs life support.

Curious if you would do the same again?
funebris
Bicentenary Reefer
RTAW Unregistered Business

Postby worthy1 » Mon 09 Nov, 2015 7:58 am

Again another person thinking it was me with the impellor issue.....
worthy1
Centurion Reefer

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Age of Aquariums