• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

What is up with your service?

This forum is run by Age of Aquariums (a MASA Business Partner). Please feel free to use this forum to discuss any topics about products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What is up with your service?

Postby mrkris » Mon 26 Oct, 2015 4:42 am

Still waiting for the "awesome to resume" here too
mrkris
Bicentenary Reefer
Welcome Team

Postby dargonk » Mon 26 Oct, 2015 11:17 pm

I've managed to get a refund for the parts of my order they could no longer supply. Though still waiting for the rest of my order to arrive.
dargonk
Bicentenary Reefer
MASWA Member

Postby Ageofaquariums » Wed 28 Oct, 2015 1:32 pm

dargonk wrote:I've managed to get a refund for the parts of my order they could no longer supply. Though still waiting for the rest of my order to arrive.

Until the teleportation unit is built, freight to WA continues to be less than optimal.
Appreciate it if you can post back to the thread when we have it all sorted.
We try look after you MASA guys truely, the biggest challenge currently being matching your usernames on here with the name you ordered under.
Ageofaquariums
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASA Partner
RTAW Registered Business
MASQ Supporter

Postby Ageofaquariums » Wed 28 Oct, 2015 1:41 pm

mrkris wrote:Still waiting for the "awesome to resume" here too

Its happening mate.
Shop is stocked to the gills again.

Lots of shiny shiny new stuff too.
Have you hugged a NYOS Quantum today?

And of course,

Ageofaquariums
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASA Partner
RTAW Registered Business
MASQ Supporter

Postby ColinG » Wed 28 Oct, 2015 4:56 pm

Ageofaquariums wrote:
dargonk wrote:I've managed to get a refund for the parts of my order they could no longer supply. Though still waiting for the rest of my order to arrive.

Until the teleportation unit is built, freight to WA continues to be less than optimal.
We try look after you MASA guys truely, the biggest challenge currently being matching your usernames on here with the name you ordered under.

To help you match people to orders, my order no was 71127

Colin
ColinG
Starting to get the hang of this place
MASWA Member

Postby Ageofaquariums » Wed 28 Oct, 2015 6:08 pm

ColinG wrote:
Ageofaquariums wrote:

To help you match people to orders, my order no was 71127

Colin

A perfect example Colin. Thank you.
Ageofaquariums
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASA Partner
RTAW Registered Business
MASQ Supporter

Postby dargonk » Fri 13 Nov, 2015 11:21 pm

Ageofaquariums wrote:

Seems half my original order arrived monday (Order was placed 30/8/2015), though I'm still waiting on the remainder to arrive. Considering that it was beginning of October that AOA first said they had sent the items after their issues, I would have expected it to arrive by now.

I've sent them a follow up email, as they have never provided any sort of tracking items for the items despite me asking. Will follow up when/if the remainder of my order arrives.
dargonk
Bicentenary Reefer
MASWA Member

Postby mrkris » Thu 19 Nov, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi

Order #70105 going back to mid _july_

rang and spoken to Josh and Dean following this up many times over the past few months (even after the takeover). Each time i have been told, yes sorry, on its way. i have also sent many emails after being asked to, no reply. more than happy to upload emails and pics of call logs.

The last time i spoke to Josh it was the 9th of november and i was told that my Tunze multi controller would be drop shipped from the supplier and my marine pure would be sent directly from the store as it was in stock.

19th november and Still waiting.

What do i need to do to get my stuff?

i have been pretty polite and very patient, heck ive even stuck up for you in this very thread but this is getting ridiculous. its not really about the delay as much as its about the being strung along and AOA not living up to their word. if you dont have your word then what do you have?

you guys arent doing a very good job and to be honest your service has been pretty rubbish.
mrkris
Bicentenary Reefer
Welcome Team

Postby Ageofaquariums » Fri 20 Nov, 2015 10:20 am

Hi Kris,

Yes this has been an extended wait, and as i mentioned to you on the phone last week the stock you had ordered was finally due any day, which finally it has arrived and left for you.

When this was first bought to my attention it was difficult for me to locate it in all the previous owners paperwork, regardless of weather we received the money for these orders we have still been supplying them to numerous people as a new management, on numerous occasions there has been no paperwork left behind for us at all and i have asked not only members from this forum but other people from the general public for some kind of proof of payment info so we can get this sorted out for them. Once we located your back order we got onto it straight away. Unfortunately distributors run out of stock too which can make our life here, particularly during the take over, even more interesting and frustrating for the customers who have already had to wait an extended period of time.

As mentioned to you on our facebook page yesterday evening i told you that your items had finally left us and i would have your tracking details for you this morning. Your marine pure was shipped from us via fastway couriers 1 day after we received it back into stock, the tracking is as follows QB0000505061. As you will see from the scans it is currently in transit from Brisbane to Adelaide. Something which believe me if we could make move faster we most defiantly would.

As for your other item it was sent yesterday from the distributor directly and is already on board with the driver for delivery today i would expect it later this morning.

I am a man of my word as i have been since the beginning, Yes things have taken time and in some instances a lot of time. I told you on the phone i would get this out for you asap, i have done that with the help from the team here at AOA. I agree this has taken an extremely long time to happen and if we were able to control every little aspect of the products and freight services that we offer, stocking and delivery times would never be an issue.

Kris, you have been patient and yes you have been very well mannered and understanding over the phone both to myself and to Dean. This is never a situation that we want for any of our loyal customers that we are supplying goods for but the reality of the matter is sometimes this happens, and recently with the change over, it happened a lot.

I thank you and everyone for there support and will never shy away from criticism or praise, at the end of the day these are all situations that myself and the team here are learning from and life is full of the good and the bad. The previous owner, contrary to belief, wasn't perfect either. There are people everywhere who didn't like the service he offered, the time they had to wait for there orders and the manner in which they believed he conducted himself.

We understand and will not hold it against any of the comments on this thread or anywhere else, we are all allowed to have an opinion and as mentioned before we will listen and improve from them. As many here have already experienced our customer service has already come back to the level expected, with a couple of people still waiting unfortunately, and is getting better with every passing day.

As i have mentioned now many times we are always here to answer any of your questions and listen to what you have to say.

Regards

Josh
Ageofaquariums
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASA Partner
RTAW Registered Business
MASQ Supporter

Postby Tone » Sat 21 Nov, 2015 6:45 pm

Josh, I had many years of great service under the previous ownership ... always attentive and prompt with deliveries. My last order for fish food, I use a lot of it, took quite some time to fulfill but was eventually completed. I understand the difficulty in changing ownership so let's get on with ensuring that the great product range and service that we are all accustomed to from AoA over many years is brought up to standard as quickly as possible. Be mindful that the previous owner was well thought of here by the vast majority of long time aquarists. Like others, I'll be monitoring this forum to gauge improvement before the resuming normal business again.

In the meantime, good luck! :cheers:
"These are my Principles... if you don't like them, I have others." Groucho Marx.
Reefing since '93.
2000L Reef.

Originator of MASQ
Tone
Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution

Postby TWS » Sat 21 Nov, 2015 9:34 pm

Tone wrote:Josh, I had many years of great service under the previous ownership ... always attentive and prompt with deliveries. My last order for fish food, I use a lot of it, took quite some time to fulfill but was eventually completed. I understand the difficulty in changing ownership so let's get on with ensuring that the great product range and service that we are all accustomed to from AoA over many years is brought up to standard as quickly as possible. Be mindful that the previous owner was well thought of here by the vast majority of long time aquarists. Like others, I'll be monitoring this forum to gauge improvement before the resuming normal business again.

In the meantime, good luck! :cheers:

:with you: well spoken Tone, I'm afraid I'm going to do the same before resuming i never use to look anywhere else when buying online but sorry to say that is no longer the case
TWS
RTAW Reefer

Postby ericfloey » Fri 15 Jan, 2016 3:54 pm

I have just ordered on 6th but still no item arrived nor status email.
It's very disappointed compares to previous owner's service.

I'm happy to wait if you telling me item is out of stock but there is no follow up is definitely not making customer happy
ericfloey
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby JohnoL » Sat 16 Jan, 2016 4:41 pm

I've made two purchases from AOA in the last month. Both times the items have arrived promptly (within 1 week) . I can't fault their service.
JohnoL
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby Haighsy » Sat 16 Jan, 2016 4:51 pm

I made my first order last week, items arrived sooner than expected and had great tracking. Intend to buy more this week.
Haighsy
Lurking Reefer

Postby ericfloey » Sat 16 Jan, 2016 5:05 pm

Interesting.
I'm guessing they must be running out of stock on my order.
I have sent 3 emails in 3 days asking tracking without any reply back.

Its really disappointed
ericfloey
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby dargonk » Sat 16 Jan, 2016 11:26 pm

ericfloey wrote:Interesting.
I'm guessing they must be running out of stock on my order.
I have sent 3 emails in 3 days asking tracking without any reply back.

Its really disappointed

I've found they have been really poor replying to emails. You really need to call them to get information.
dargonk
Bicentenary Reefer
MASWA Member

Postby ericfloey » Sun 17 Jan, 2016 9:49 am

Email communication not that bad after i ordered.
It just no more reply email when i querying my order not arrived a week after they "dispatched"

May be its time to seek a new supply for any gears now
ericfloey
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby ericfloey » Tue 19 Jan, 2016 5:48 pm

my order finally arrived after I made a phone call. Still tossing if I should order from AOA again.....
ericfloey
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby matts20891 » Wed 20 Jan, 2016 6:45 am

I've been ordering from AOA without any issues lately.. Last order was placed on Thursday, turned up yesterday (Tuesday) :clap:
matts20891
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby atti » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 9:50 am

I've been a customer for years. I was caught up in the order sagas last year too. But all orders were dealt with by AOA new owners in a professional manner.

Thought I would wait till the New Year to place an order. Let the dust settle, give them a chance to sort things out. Placed Sunday, arrived today in Victoria. With full tracking. No complaints.

Still a loyal customer.

Keep it up AOA :)
atti
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby heidstar3 » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 9:53 pm

We had a full system plus some caught up in the saga last year and with significant outlay and not really knowing these guys as it was our first purchase through them, it took some trust to not get annoyed. But the way they were and their honesty from the start when issues started led us to just ride it out patiently and all was fine in the end.

The guys have been nothing but awesome since and I think they have handed it as well as possible considering! I'm sure they had many a day where they questioned why they had purchased the mess they were left with.

Still loyal AOA customers here!!

Keep up the service with a smile - even on those bad days. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
heidstar3
Lurking Reefer

Postby Haighsy » Fri 29 Jan, 2016 9:56 am

Just ordered from these guys for the second time. Products arrived to Sydney in one business day with awesome tracking. Stoked.
Haighsy
Lurking Reefer

Postby mrkris » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 12:14 am

as a show of good faith i have started ordering from them again.
mrkris
Bicentenary Reefer
Welcome Team

Postby buck » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 6:14 pm

I recently placed an order with these guys

The order arrived today however upon opening the box for the Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 I noticed that the glass bulb was loose in the fitting/connector. It also appeared to have a crack in the glass, and a couple of small pieces of glass floating around inside the bulb.
Also, there doesn't appear to be any instructions of any kind included in the box. Considering I have never owned this equipment nor seen it in use, set up without instructions will prove difficult.
Finally, what I did find in the box was a red "Tally- Ho" paper!!!
I'm pretty certain Tunze wouldn't appreciate their product being distributed in this manner!!!
buck
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby ssscuz » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 9:27 pm

buck wrote:I recently placed an order with these guys

The order arrived today however upon opening the box for the Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 I noticed that the glass bulb was loose in the fitting/connector. It also appeared to have a crack in the glass, and a couple of small pieces of glass floating around inside the bulb.
Also, there doesn't appear to be any instructions of any kind included in the box. Considering I have never owned this equipment nor seen it in use, set up without instructions will prove difficult.
I'm pretty certain Tunze wouldn't appreciate their product being distributed in this manner!!!

Best to contact them with a few photos.
Would be very odd to have packaging like this from them! All orders I have received have been well packaged
ssscuz
Old Sea Dog Reefer
RTAW Moderator

Postby buck » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 10:48 pm

ssscuz wrote:
buck wrote:I recently placed an order with these guys

Best to contact them with a few photos.
Would be very odd to have packaging like this from them! All orders I have received have been well packaged

I have emailed them and posted on their FB page. I get that there could possibly be damage from freight to the bulb, although that said it looks to be an issue with wear which is concerning considering I purchased this new. The missing instructions and tally ho paper inside the Tunze packaging/box is just unacceptable.
buck
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby Ageofaquariums » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 3:11 pm

Hey Buck,

Just touching base, again apologies for the error. Your replacement is scanning up as delivered this morning, of the complete product this time. Any issues as always feel free to contact us.

Cheers

Josh
Ageofaquariums
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASA Partner
RTAW Registered Business
MASQ Supporter

Postby Trinny » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 6:49 pm

Almost two weeks and no package or communication for a couple of small items ordered on the 4/4. Followed up the order yesterday over the phone with no response...online ordering should be much better than this.
Trinny
Hi, I am new around here!

Postby Trinny » Thu 14 Apr, 2016 6:29 pm

My order is on the way now with a couple of minor changes, they didn't have the item that I wanted but substituted with some advice on the other products. Great way to change a negative to a positive experience!
Trinny
Hi, I am new around here!

Postby IJG3145 » Tue 31 May, 2016 11:53 am

Here we are May 2016. I'm having similar issues, been waiting a month for my order, nothing's arrived, they've been calling the wrong number, blah, blah, blah
IJG3145
Curious Reefer

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Age of Aquariums