• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Orphek Helix 3000 and 5000 skimmers

This forum is run by Orphek Australia (a MASA Business Partner). Please feel free to use this forum to discuss any topics about products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Orphek Helix 3000 and 5000 skimmers

Postby Orphek australia » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 4:10 pm

Orphek new Helix Protein Skimmer design vastly improves contact time in the reaction chamber while producing an enormous amount of very small micro bubbles. The increased amount of micro bubbles results in more waste being collected per hour than any other conventional protein skimmer on the market.

Benefits
High speed DC controllable pump moves more water more efficiently.
Helix needle wheel design produces very small micro bubbles.
Three piece skimmer body makes cleaning simplified.
White components dictate the same purity as the water the skimmer produces.
High efficiency low energy use.
IC protection in pump shuts pump down if no water flow or blocked impeller.
Low noise level.
Moves more water than conventional skimmers.
Long contact time for more waste removal.
Controllable pump allows fine tuning of skim produced giving you exactly the skim you are looking for and features a coral feeding pause mode.
Unique sponge filter silences water return to the sump and traps waste from returning to the sump.
Less heat transfer into the aquarium.
Tested for 1.6 years to ensure reliability.
Results, removes more waste than any skimmer in its class more efficiently.
Produces nutrient free water, ideal for excellent coral growth and health.
Reduces nuisance algae growth.

CONSTRUCTION
Pure acrylic used for reaction chamber, riser tube, and cup. Pmma castings used for all other components. Cone shaped for improved concentration of foam to the riser tube and collection cup to provide a fast and more efficient removal of waste from your aquarium.

CONTROLLABLE DC PUMP
A controllable 3,000 L/h DC pump provides a high speed, high volume cylindrical movement of bubble rich water. With a DC pump and controller you can now take full control of your skimmer to give you exactly the skim you are looking for. The pump impeller was designed to spiral the water/air mixture created by the needle wheel to further reduce of the bubble size created by the needle wheel. This provides a water column exiting the pump with an enormous amount of micro bubbles.

BUBBLE PLATE
The specially designed bubble plate diffuses the bubbles and reduces turbulence of the water entering the conically shaped riser tube which helps prevent premature break down of the nutrient rich bubbles entering the riser tube.

EFFIECIENT
The controllable DC pump provides a highly efficient means for moving large volumes of water with little energy cost. This also means less heat transfer into the aquarium.

RELIABILITY AND RESULTS
The Orphek Helix Protein Skimmer has been perfected and tested for 1.6 years on a tank much larger than what it is rated for. This ensures optimum efficiency and reliability of all components and assures you a clean and healthy tank. The new Orphek Helix Protein Skimmer removes more waste than any other skimmer in its class and will easily create a nutrient free aquarium providing ideal water conditions for coral growth and health.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Package : 55*46*36cm
Skimmer .; 340 * 290 * 550mm
Reactions chamber diameter: 220mm (8.66 inches)
Outlet diameter: 40mm (1.57 inches) PVC
Maximum air intake: 1300 L/H
Tank capacity: 800-1500L (211-396 gallons)
Installation method: Internal/sump

OPTIMUS NEEDLE DC PUMP - Model :OP 3000N
DC-3000 Controllable/25 watts, 2.5 amps at full power
Max head pressure: 3 meters (39 inches)
Energy efficient: Up to 65% savings over conventional AC pumps

IC electronic shut down protection against no water flow or blocked impeller. Feed mode provided by controller, pauses pump 10 minutes for coral feeding. Tough ceramic shaft decreases shaft wear significantly

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... 4634,d.ZWU

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... 4634,d.ZWU
Orphek australia
Centurion Reefer
RTAW Unregistered Business

Re: Orphek Helix 3000 and 5000 skimmers

Postby terbit » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 6:51 pm

The pump looks to be a new colour and rebadged piece of crap Waveline pump, could you verify if that's the case?
:cheers:
terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Orphek australia » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 7:08 pm

terbit wrote:The pump looks to be a new colour and rebadged piece of crap Waveline pump, could you verify if that's the case?

Hi Brett. As far as i am aware it is an Orphek branded Pp. Not Waveline.
Orphek australia
Centurion Reefer

Postby Amphibian » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 7:19 pm

terbit wrote:The pump looks to be a new colour and rebadged piece of crap Waveline pump, could you verify if that's the case?

:withyou:
Dreambox 5x3x2 viewtopic.php?f=145&t=263224
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
Amphibian
RTAW Veteran Reefer
NSW Reefer

Postby Orphek australia » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 1:04 pm

Message from the Boss of orphek about your above comments.

first sorry for my english for more details you can check in the site
Many skimmers look the same for example con shape or other shape ,
but if you look closely you can see that orphek was the first to make a skimmer with external pump con shape but you can open from bottom so the design is difference,
also the helix parts disc no company did this before for both Helix 3000 and Helix 5000,

all internal parts are deference,
also look at the Air silent way also no one did this before so we have 3 patent register it just for us so chines will not copy.

so what is the BIG difference , the small bubble that caree the west up do a longer way up this make it like you have a very high skimmer that cost about 10,000$,

the pump is economic and probably we and them are using the same pump factory , we use custom made.

in the next stock we going to improve few thing and also the pump will be DC 6500 L/H

so i recommend you to write about 25-30 days, custom pump take long time .

reserve you order because in 30 day the stock will be finish .

we not live from sale the skimmers but my idea of Helix is to give clients skimmer that can replace a very expensive skimmer that can handle up to 1000G ,

think about 6500 L/H is lots of water that pass but if the skimmer is very efficiency then it treat this high amount of water well then he can be set for 1000G tank also for smaller that why also have the controller !

Ofir
Orphek australia
Centurion Reefer

Postby Orphek australia » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 1:06 pm

Ofir has also told me that the body of the Pump is similar but internals different, he has also stated that they will be using a newer 6500 DC Pump on newer version of the skimmer which is due out in 3 Months.

Hope this information helps and puts to be the above rumours.
Orphek australia
Centurion Reefer

Postby terbit » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm

Orphek australia wrote:Ofir has also told me that the body of the Pump is similar but internals different, he has also stated that they will be using a newer 6500 DC Pump on newer version of the skimmer which is due out in 3 Months.

The question I asked above was never a rumour, just a straight out question in regards to the pumps.
As far as his reply to you is concerned maybe a few pics of the pumps internals, ie: needle wheel impeller and the housing would probably alleviate any concerns I have.
terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Orphek australia » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 7:36 pm

terbit wrote:
Orphek australia wrote:Ofir has also told me that the body of the Pump is similar but internals different, he has also stated that they will be using a newer 6500 DC Pump on newer version of the skimmer which is due out in 3 Months.

The question I asked above was never a rumour, just a straight out question in regards to the pumps.
As far as his reply to you is concerned maybe a few pics of the pumps internals, ie: needle wheel impeller and the housing would probably alleviate any concerns I have.

No problem when I get my hands on one I will take some photo's.
Orphek australia
Centurion Reefer

Return to Orphek Australia