• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

ROYAL EXCLUSIV Bubble King Double Cone 180/ rd3 reviews

This forum is run by Aquabella Aquariums (a MASA Business Partner). Please feel free to use this forum to discuss any topics about products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

ROYAL EXCLUSIV Bubble King Double Cone 180/ rd3 reviews

Postby AQUABELLA » Fri 18 Jul, 2014 9:21 am

I will be logging all my reviews on Royal exclusiv Bubble king double cone 180 & rd3 speedy skimmer .
the reviews are based on personal testing and info from RE .
This should give a first hand look into my experiences ,
all RE owners can comment on and share your own techniques you have developed .
This will be for the BUBBLE KING DOUBLE CONE 180 & RD3 SPEEDY SERIES ONLY
Each model will have its own post and discussion.

:cheers:
AQUABELLA
Centurion Reefer
RTAW Registered Business
NSW Reefer

Re: ROYAL EXCLUSIV Bubble King Double Cone 180/ rd3 reviews

Postby AQUABELLA » Fri 12 Sep, 2014 1:34 am

I encourage all owners of ROYAL EXCLUSIV Bubble King Double Cone 180/180 rd3
to let us all know what you think of your skimmer and share some of your experiences .
It will assist all of us to better understand our equipment and fine tune for best performance .
thanks for your ongoing support .
:cheers:

Nick
AQUABELLA
AQUABELLA
Centurion Reefer
RTAW Registered Business
NSW Reefer

Re: ROYAL EXCLUSIV Bubble King Double Cone 180/ rd3 reviews

Postby Micheal » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 6:43 pm

I've now had this skimmer for about 6 months and think I can now share my thoughts.

I have this on a 5x2x2 moderately stocked tank with some LPS corals. I empty the collection cup once per week, and it consistently pulls the same amount of waste out of the water. The first few weeks it was pulling a heap out due to the inefficiency of my old skimmer.

What I like:
  • Quietness - it's not dead silent, but you wouldn't know it's running until you turn the power off. Maybe 2 decibels above the noise of the rest of the tank (like, turning your volume up 1 notch when you have a 0-30 scale).
  • Performance - at no point have my parameters started to wander even though my tank is only barely within the recommended tank size.
  • Consistency - the same amount of crap after a week is a great thing to me. I have the same amount of crap going in, so it's nice to know the skimmer is pulling the same amount of crap.
  • Set and Forget - I haven't had to touch anything about the skimmer since about Week 2. Much better than what I was putting up with before (twice per week tweaking).
What I like - but not so much:
  • Bit fiddly to first set up - after initial break in I struggled for a couple of days to get the water depth just perfect. I would find that I either had to have the pump at a slow speed, or have the outlet closed a fair way (which caused an undesired splashing noise between the tall red pipe and the clear air hose tube). Because of the splashing noise, I had to find a sweet spot within about 10mm that meant there was lots of flow, good size bubbles, and no outlet noise.
  • Spin on collection cup - it doesn't bother me that much, but every month or so I have to put the skimmer back in its place because it's slid around a little bit while I've been pulling the skimmer off and on.
I have absolutely no regrets in buying this skimmer, and would recommend it for anyone who's in the market for a top end piece of equipment.
Micheal
Veteran Reefer

Return to Aquabella Aquariums