• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

ROYAL EXCLUSIV Mini bubble King 200 skimmer review

This forum is run by Aquabella Aquariums (a MASA Business Partner). Please feel free to use this forum to discuss any topics about products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

ROYAL EXCLUSIV Mini bubble King 200 skimmer review

Postby AQUABELLA » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 3:13 pm

I will be logging all my reviews on Royal exclusiv mini Bubble king 200 skimmer .
the reviews are based on personal testing and info from RE .
This should give a first hand look into my experiences ,
all RE owners can comment on and share your own techniques you have developed .
This will be for the MINI BUBBLE KING 200 SERIES ONLY
Each model will have its own post and discussion.
AQUABELLA
Centurion Reefer
RTAW Registered Business
NSW Reefer

Re: ROYAL EXCLUSIV Mini bubble King 200 skimmer review

Postby AQUABELLA » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 3:50 pm

My first look at the Royal exclusiv MBK 200 was delighted to see a small format skimmer so well built, although expected from RE.
The test tank was my DT 1600lt with 30 plus fish of various size most over 12 cm ,clams ,sps and lps . tank is under going re-aquascaping ,so not much to look at .
I removed the existing 300 ALPHA SKIMMER and its all fun and games now .
So from the start i knew the NEW skimmer was possibly under sized , but continued for testing purposes.

I run pellets , carbon , rowa, and calcium reactor.i top up strontium , iodine and other trace elements as required.
I wanted to see how the skimmer reacted under heavy bio load and with dosing of trace elements .

I Let the skimmer settle in for 2 weeks with minor adjustments to water level in sump.
The testing was to establish what it can do in a controlled environment with changes to feeding pattens and varying dosing qty.

I want to find the perfect mix of under OR over ,wet or dry skimming , this is something i will find useful if i intend to run ZEO in the future.
Zeo is a topic that i wont comment on at this stage, due to not having a zeo setup.
AQUABELLA
Centurion Reefer
RTAW Registered Business
NSW Reefer

Return to Aquabella Aquariums