• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

LED light runs 24 hours a day, Is that OK ?

This forum is run by Dalua Australia (a MASA Business Partner). Please feel free to use this forum to discuss any topics about products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

LED light runs 24 hours a day, Is that OK ?

Postby colinmb2 » Thu 06 Feb, 2014 10:21 am

Purchased a 4 ft Illumagic Blaze cree light S-120 on 1st Feb 2014 from Dulua LFS retailer. Light set up for 10 hours on P2 (for LPS) and Moonlight turned on by LFS. Advised the Moonlight would run for 8 hours then lights would completely turn off.

Led light ran all day ( 10 hours Daylight and then 14 hours on Moonlight). In other words lights runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year without turning off. Have sent emails to Dulua (Andrew) asking is this normal and safe ?. Will this cause the light to Overheat ?. Will this void my warranty if the light burns out.?

I know you can manually adjust the Daylight programme to incorporate a moonlight sequence to eliminate having the light 24 hours running straight.
This I have done , but should the Moonlight "on" cycle run for 8 hours, 14 hours ?.

Have kept marines for over 20 years , none of my previous lights (MH, T5 of BSLED ) every ran for 24 hours straight so found it strange that these lights on factory setting could run for 24 hours.

All basic question deserving of a reply to ease my mind. To date no response back from Dulua on this matter. :konk: The LFS has emailed me to advise they thought the Moonlight only worked for 8 hours and then turned off and are surprised that the Moonlight never switched off..

Would appreciate a reply to my technical query. Obviously above the local LFS and only can be answered by Dulua

Apart from this issue, most impressed with the lighting it provides the corals, absolutely awesome looking tank now
Cheers
Colin
colinmb2
Hi, I am new around here!

Re: LED light runs 24 hours a day, Is that OK ?

Postby Dan Jovanovic » Thu 06 Feb, 2014 10:23 am

All of these timer's and moonlights are so new to me....I would have just put a timer into the power socket and have it turn on and turn off at a point throughout the night.

But I guess thats why you pay the big bucks for these units. :pirate:
My first tank journey viewtopic.php?f=148&t=256345
Dan Jovanovic
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby chromus » Mon 10 Feb, 2014 8:44 pm

It won't do ur stock much good, they need a break from the light
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
MASWA Member

Postby Kah » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 6:54 pm

I have mine set with moonlights on at the lowest setting for the blue/violet channel only which runs through the night. I have had it like this since
mid last year with no issues.
RTAW PICO competition
The 10L GSP Lawn - imgur album
Kah
Centurion Reefer

Postby dalua_australia » Mon 23 Jun, 2014 5:36 pm

Hey guys apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes exactly what Kah said above. Just turn the moonlight right down, or simply turn the moonlight off and make your last time sequence a really low level light which will then make all lights turn off into the next phase.

You must remember LED's with dimmers never turn off! They simply dim down the LED's to 0% but the unit is always running!
DALUA AUSTRALIA No.1 Choice in LED Lighting
http://www.daluaaustralia.com.au
info@daluaaustralia.com.au
dalua_australia
Bicentenary Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby dalua_australia » Mon 23 Jun, 2014 5:36 pm

And please note, if i don't get back to you on here please feel free to call during business hours every day on 0406-111-223
DALUA AUSTRALIA No.1 Choice in LED Lighting
http://www.daluaaustralia.com.au
info@daluaaustralia.com.au
dalua_australia
Bicentenary Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Return to Dalua Australia