• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Jamie's Rimless Frag Tank (New Zoa Frags)

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Tank Journals, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship

Postby jamierk » Sun 06 Sep, 2009 11:24 pm

G'day everyone

Update time, as its been a while since I last posted on here. I've had some trouble over the last few months with this tank. I noticed some worrying hairline cracks in the glass which appeared to have grown over the short life of the tank. Needless to say i took the tank down quickly and stashed all my frags as best as possible in my DT whilest I had a replacement tank made. Thanks go to Andrew from aquamaster, who had previously built my DT, and was very helpful in getting a replacement tank made quickly and accurately to fit my existing plumbing etc.

I finally reinstalled the tank a few weeks ago, and had to sort out an issue with a leaky bulkhead. Unfortunately I lost several of my nice frags during the time the tank was pulled down, mostly due to the crabs knocking them over and them falling down into the back of the rockwork. None the less i'm very happy to have everything back up an running. Here is a few photos of when i set the tank up again. The rack is now back in the tank and i'll post some pics soon.

Looking forward to getting back into trading, if you have zoa frags to trade/sell please send me a pm sometime.

Thanks

Jamie

jamierk
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby sydneydrewid » Sun 06 Sep, 2009 11:29 pm

good to see its back up after your hiccup :) frags are looking great :thumbsup:
sydneydrewid
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Previous

Return to Diverse Tanks (Refer Description)