• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

My 2 1/2' diameter X 3 1/2' circular tank

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Tank Journals, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship

Postby funkngroovy » Fri 10 Oct, 2008 7:53 am

I disagree, fish do not live in a 2 dimensional world. I think this tank gives the fish an opportunity to have a greater opportunity to swim around than alot of long tanks that have reef walls from top to bottom, side to side and back to (almost) front. I am sure that fish are not shy about moving all around this tank. I would not want this tank myself but I admire you for making your dream tank. please keep us posted.
funkngroovy
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby Grant Rogers » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 10:26 am

The great thing about my tank is that they swim around and around and around and around. Much better than a standard tank because they never reach the end.

I've watched my yellow tang swim around in circles for hours and not just at a regular pace. I swear it was racing the purple tang who was following close behind. Also my clowns seem too be less territorial and aggressive than in my old tank and love swimming all over the tank now.
Grant Rogers
Curious Reefer

Postby Freds » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 10:54 am

Looking good Mate.
Freds
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby Grant Rogers » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:53 pm

Here's a few more updated photos.

Grant Rogers
Curious Reefer

Re: My 2 1/2' diameter X 3 1/2' circular tank

Postby joely116 » Thu 01 Dec, 2011 2:44 pm

sick of ppl telling others over and over again about tangs, if you wanna keep a small tang in a small tank do it, you will have to sell it or upgrade sooner or later anyway
joely116
RTAW Veteran Reefer
QLD Reefer

Previous

Return to Diverse Tanks (Refer Description)