• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Marine Sources RDC-850 Internal Skimmer Question

This forum is run by Guppy's Aquarium Products Online (a MASA Business Partner). Please feel free to use this forum to discuss any topics about products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Marine Sources RDC-850 Internal Skimmer Question

Postby Impius Adultus » Tue 30 Apr, 2013 10:47 am

I'm considering buying one of these skimmers from Guppy's.

I have two questions please.

• Does anyone know what water depth these need to operate efficiently?
  • Does anyone have any thoughts, experience or opinions on these. Are the quiet?

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/protein-skimmer-overflow-box/marine-sources-conical-skimmer-red-devil-pump/rdc-850-internal/prod_2039.html
Impius Adultus
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Re: Marine Sources RDC-850 Internal Skimmer Question

Postby Antisven84 » Thu 02 May, 2013 5:20 pm

I have one, very quiet, I'd say 9-11"
Antisven84
RTAW Reefer

Postby Impius Adultus » Thu 02 May, 2013 6:52 pm

9-11 inches?
Impius Adultus
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby Antisven84 » Fri 03 May, 2013 12:08 pm

Yep
Antisven84
RTAW Reefer

Postby Impius Adultus » Fri 03 May, 2013 2:06 pm

What does 9-11 inches mean/refer to please? I can't see how it relates to how quiet it is but then I'm a left brain person :)
Impius Adultus
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby terbit » Fri 03 May, 2013 2:10 pm

Impius Adultus wrote:What does 9-11 inches mean/refer to please? I can't see how it relates to how quiet it is but then I'm a left brain person :)

You asked what Depth these need to operate efficiently in your original post :thumbsup:
terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Impius Adultus » Fri 03 May, 2013 4:38 pm

Ahhhh....
Impius Adultus
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby BoomerJ » Mon 13 May, 2013 11:04 am

Agreed

Mine is around 9 inches submerged and works a treat.

Booms
BoomerJ
Veteran Reefer

Postby jayellul » Tue 14 May, 2013 6:36 pm

would one of these be over kill for a 2x1.5x1.5........................
jayellul
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Impius Adultus » Tue 14 May, 2013 8:11 pm

I ended u going with the SDP-750 for my 300lt (total) system. The skimmer is very quiet and so far I like it a lot.

Pity Guppys delivered it to a totally different town and would not rectify it - just couldn't care less. I'm disabled so had to pay $40 for a taxi to bring it to my house. Mind you I had already paid Guppys $40 courier fees to deliver it here.
Impius Adultus
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby apalsson » Tue 14 May, 2013 8:20 pm

If you use Paypal to pay for your products, you can recover your money's when retailers try on stunts like that.
I strongly favour ordering from online stores that accept Paypal for this exact reason
apalsson
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby Andries » Tue 14 May, 2013 8:58 pm

Impius Adultus wrote:I ended u going with the SDP-750 for my 300lt (total) system. The skimmer is very quiet and so far I like it a lot.

Pity Guppys delivered it to a totally different town and would not rectify it - just couldn't care less. I'm disabled so had to pay $40 for a taxi to bring it to my house. Mind you I had already paid Guppys $40 courier fees to deliver it here.
Should have read.
Pity my ex-wife collected it at the post office (Although it was not addressed to here at all) and took it to her home. How is that my or the couriers fault? If she did not volunteer to take it from the post office it would have been delivered to your door the very next day.
Glad you received it :thumbsup:
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby Impius Adultus » Tue 14 May, 2013 9:10 pm

What crap! I paid for courier to my house. I didn't pay you $40 for postage that would cost half as much.

How does it matter who wound up with it Andries? It could have been a stranger and then I would have known nothing. You washed your hands of it. Very poor interest in customer service. And for the record, if you would like to talk to the Meeniyan Post Master - IT WAS NEVER GOING TO BE SENT HERE!!

I cannot walk, even if it had somehow got to my post office (which it wouldn't have) - I still couldn't have collected it. Even though I live next door to it I haven't been in there in years because I can't get up their steps. Thats why a courier !!!!!!

Justify it how you want. The trutth is obvious. Would you like to see some of the private messages I've had about other people's dealings with you? How about we share those?

BTW she didn't volunteer anything. They gave it to her as hers, She is the only person with that surname in that town. My address wasn't even on the package. A courier DUMPED IT at a post office in another town. Grow Up.
Impius Adultus
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby Andries » Tue 14 May, 2013 9:27 pm

Impius Adultus wrote:What crap! I paid for courier to my house. I didn't pay you $40 for postage that would cost half as much.

How does it matter who wound up with it Andries? It could have been a stranger and then I would have known nothing. You washed your hands of it. Very poor interest in customer service. And for the record, if you would like to talk to the Meeniyan Post Master - IT WAS NEVER GOING TO BE SENT HERE!!

I cannot walk, even if it had somehow got to my post office (which it wouldn't have) - I still couldn't have collected it. Even though I live next door to it I haven't been in there in years because I can't get up their steps. Thats why a courier !!!!!!

Fastway use the post office when it is out of there service aria. The item would have been delivered to your door by the post office the next day if your wife did not collect it. If they tried to deliver it and you were not home they will then leave a card in your post box and leave the item at your nearest post office.
The reason it was at a different post office is because it was still on route to you. Unfortunately for you (and me) they knew your EX wife at that post office and gave it to her thinking they are helping you get it sooner. If she said NO, it is not for me they would have delivered it to your door. :wall:
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

• Advertisement

Return to Guppy's Aquarium Products Online