• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Review on the service and products from Guppy's online

This forum is run by Guppy's Aquarium Products Online (a MASA Business Partner). Please feel free to use this forum to discuss any topics about products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online

Postby mcs » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 4:46 pm

Sent from 2 people to the email you gave me, and on the website itself, no replies to either, not in junk folders.
mcs
RTAW Reefer

Postby muz_z » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 5:25 pm

mcs wrote:Sent from 2 people to the email you gave me, and on the website itself, no replies to either, not in junk folders.

That's strange he always answers my emails in good time but I could image the people that send him a email every 30 minutes for four hours and don't get a reply and think he doesn't answer emails, he has a life he might of been out driving his Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche or Merc :devil:
- All Controlled by Profilux-

New tank being started stay tuned! Cade HL600 BP!
muz_z
Veteran Reefer

Postby mcs » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 8:19 pm

muz_z wrote:
mcs wrote:Sent from 2 people to the email you gave me, and on the website itself, no replies to either, not in junk folders.

That's strange he always answers my emails in good time but I could image the people that send him a email every 30 minutes for four hours and don't get a reply and think he doesn't answer emails, he has a life he might of been out driving his Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche or Merc :devil:

Thanks for sharing your input, and your quick wit without knowing any details, i gave him many weeks before each email to allow for adequate time for replies.

I am simply sharing the fact that i have been dissatisfied with lack of support given to me for a defective product.

Sorry if that is so difficult for you to understand.

Thanks Mark
mcs
RTAW Reefer

Postby Troppo » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 12:12 pm

No reply should take more than a day or two, for any company.

I have had good experiences in the past but this time will be my last until the postage is sorted out. I begrudgingly ordered said item as I've been unable to find it anywhere else in Australia. Nevertheless Gold Coast to Perth is a standard service route only by Fastway, yet I was charged an exorbitant amount on a product that wasn't much bigger than a ruler. In fact the postage cost was the same as the product and I've had to wait a week and a half to get it. There should be a regular postal service offered aswell. My item could've even gone in an express bag from australia post which would've cost barely a quarter of what I paid for the "courier" service AND it would've arrived in two days. I'm sorry but this has really put a downer on my previous dealings with Guppys; I feel like I've been ripped off to be honest.

So if you have a large or expensive order then the postage cost won't be that significant, in which case Guppys is still a good place to shop.
Troppo
Centurion Reefer

Postby Andries » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 9:57 pm

We did offer satchels for a short time but because the only way to regulate it was with the weight some customers would add 2 x 4ft floro globes and then request satchel to send it and because it was under 5kg the system excepted the order. We are working on a solution but it is 2 months away.
The system does give you the freight cost before you pay so there are no need to feel ripped off, you have the choice to except it or cancel the order.

Andries
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby fishlover » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:11 pm

Do have to agree with the freight cost problem,if freight costs were reasonable I would have ordered a lot more from Guppy's.
Will be good to see the change in a couple of months.

Kean :cheers:
fishlover
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby matts20891 » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:26 pm

fishlover wrote:Do have to agree with the freight cost problem,if freight costs were reasonable I would have ordered a lot more from Guppy's.

:withyou:
matts20891
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby pilonstar » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 9:00 pm

matts20891 wrote:
fishlover wrote:Do have to agree with the freight cost problem,if freight costs were reasonable I would have ordered a lot more from Guppy's.

The irony: removing all the nutrients, only to add them all back as high priced supplements.
Live stream tank http://www.erickmiranda.com
pilonstar
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby CacTuar » Sat 02 Aug, 2014 12:42 am

I have made many orders from guppies over the years, and have never had a problem with the orders. The only thing I can think of is when one of the power supplies on a Dc-10,000 stopped working I was going to send it back, but didn't when I found out I had to pay the postage both back, and include a paid satchel to return the new power supply. I thought that was a bit steep so I just bought a new one from ebay.
Still sometimes use them, as they're so cheap.
CacTuar
RTAW Reefer

Postby titusho » Fri 08 Aug, 2014 3:30 pm

this is review number 2 by me.

I am Andries' customer for at least 7+ years.

When buy online, you always worries about what you get.

I have Andries rung me after 5 min I placed the order online, to confirm my order, as well as to check if I got the right thing. Email inquiry will be turnaround less than 24 hr., most of the time is within an hour. (I don't understanding why people say haven't got reply etc etc.

I never have to return goods, so cannot comment the above posts.

For postage charge, I am in Melbourne, there will be a minimum charge to get thing post, you cannot expect if you purchase a $10 item and postage will reduce accordantly, just not the case. And the management of online store with thousands of transactions a week, Australia post may not be the way to go, remember Andres is running an online store, not like me, a casual ebay seller.

I always buy more item to get the postage worthwhile. if I only need one small item, i go LFS.

Last week I need some test kits and blue bottles, was worry about the use by date etc, but i think if it is unreasonable product i get, (say used by next month), I am sure Andries will sort this out, so i went ahead to order what i need, here they are:

Well Pack, turn up next business day !

New Stock

Image Image

WHAT A TOP SERVICE, VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER FROM MELBOURNE !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
titusho
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby green1181 » Thu 18 Sep, 2014 5:47 pm

I ordered 3 bulkheads and the shipping was $60. Emailed and he said to pay and I would be refunded the difference
from Australia post. I placed the order 8 days ago. No refund, no replies to emails or no paypal refund. So far not
very happy, we'll see what happens...
green1181
Lurking Reefer

Postby lukusis » Mon 29 Sep, 2014 1:07 pm

Ordered a LED light Wed morning, it arrived next day (interstate). Happy with that!

Not so happy the light is no longer working as it should though....
lukusis
Centurion Reefer

Postby void » Wed 01 Oct, 2014 4:09 pm

lukusis wrote:Ordered a LED light Wed morning, it arrived next day (interstate). Happy with that!

Not so happy the light is no longer working as it should though....

what type of light.. I have a 4ft LED strip light that I purchased from them that has failed. Still trying to get a response regarding warranty been nearly 2 months waiting for a response.

:wall: :wall:
void
Starting to get the hang of this place

Postby lukusis » Thu 02 Oct, 2014 11:36 am

Andries,

Can you please reply to either the emails ive sent, or the PM here.

Thanks.

Void,

Its a MicMol Aqua mini Color. Andries replied here and asked me to return it, but when i followed up no reply since (hence the above).
lukusis
Centurion Reefer

Postby kris » Thu 02 Oct, 2014 2:21 pm

Just open up a dispute with paypal guys. Faulty Goods.
Get a refund and repurchase goods. Do not get replacement as Paypal does not cover "swaps"

a) Return the item (your cost).
b) Provide written proof of postage to the PAYPAL-specified address.
c) Get refund.
d) Repurchase NEW item.
kris
Centurion Reefer

Postby lukusis » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 9:47 pm

That's one way of going about it.

All I can say is how utter rubbish the customer service is from Guppy's. Conflicting information time after time, and now refusing a refund despite Consumer Law.

Stay away people.
lukusis
Centurion Reefer

Postby Andries » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:03 pm

lukusis wrote:That's one way of going about it.

All I can say is how utter rubbish the customer service is from Guppy's. Conflicting information time after time, and now refusing a refund despite Consumer Law.

Stay away people.

Mate, you used the product for more than 6 months, the factory told you to send it back to us and they will refund you, what more do you want. I can not ask for the newest model car every time the engine light comes on, I take it in and they fix it. The service is only rubbish because you can not get what you want.
So send it back for the warranty repair or don't, it is your choice but stop talking $#@#.
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby lukusis » Wed 15 Oct, 2014 7:18 am

The item in question was ordered on the 18th September 2014.

Please explain to me how this equates to the 6 months you say?

Further, you have stated to send it back for replacement, then that the 'factory is sending one directly' and now when I've asked for a refund so as not to have to deal with you any further you now say you will repair it.

Sadly, I'm not trash talking. The above is all factual. I'm sorry if you don't like the facts, but maybe you should be clear and concise and actually offer customers decent support, this way people wouldn't be forced into dealing with you on a public forum.
lukusis
Centurion Reefer

Postby Andries » Wed 15 Oct, 2014 11:24 am

As I said, send it back and it will be replaced, this is what we told you from the beginning, the factory had no problem replacing the unit but it looks like you wanted 2 for the price of one.
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby lukusis » Mon 20 Oct, 2014 1:53 pm

Comprehension fail. Enjoy dealing with the OFT.
lukusis
Centurion Reefer

Postby Trilogy » Fri 14 Nov, 2014 11:15 am

Ive bought heaps of stuff from Guppies and their service when you are buying stuff is great but when you want to return stuff thats faulty, well good luck with that. No contact details on the web site so you have to use the contact page where you are just ignored even after several attempts. Of the dozen of order I received there was NEVER a tax invoice included so no contact info there either. Dont buy any thing that is likely to fail
Trilogy
Starting to get the hang of this place

Postby Andries » Fri 14 Nov, 2014 11:27 am

We do warranty claims weekly. You need to send the product back to us, if it is an expensive item we send it to the factory for evaluation.
The problem we have is you think a product comes with an unconditional warranty, if you run a pump without water for a night it will overheat and die, that is not a warranty. If you drop your light into our aquarium and short it out then it is not a warranty.
If you decide you want to re-plumb your RO unit and you get it wrong you can not send it back because it does not work any more. If you are the idiot then you have to take responsibility. We have probably replaced 150 RLSS pumps when they had a problem, we have no problem replacing or repairing a broken product if you have the proof of purchase, send it back to us and last but least it also depends on your attitude when you make 1st contact. If you are a real prick, guess what you are going to wait a bit longer than normal.
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby Andries » Fri 14 Nov, 2014 11:28 am

We do warranty claims weekly. You need to send the product back to us, if it is an expensive item we send it to the factory for evaluation.
The problem we have is you think a product comes with an unconditional warranty, if you run a pump without water for a night it will overheat and die, that is not a warranty. If you drop your light into our aquarium and short it out then it is not a warranty.
If you decide you want to re-plumb your RO unit and you get it wrong you can not send it back because it does not work any more. If you are the idiot then you have to take responsibility. We have probably replaced 150 RLSS pumps when they had a problem, we have no problem replacing or repairing a broken product if you have the proof of purchase, send it back to us and last but least it also depends on your attitude when you make 1st contact. If you are a real prick, guess what you are going to wait a bit longer than normal.
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby jayellul » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 4:56 pm

Trilogy wrote:Ive bought heaps of stuff from Guppies and their service when you are buying stuff is great but when you want to return stuff thats faulty, well good luck with that. No contact details on the web site so you have to use the contact page where you are just ignored even after several attempts. Of the dozen of order I received there was NEVER a tax invoice included so no contact info there either. Dont buy any thing that is likely to fail

This pretty much sums it up. I still purchase from guppys but only for consumables :-)

Sent via Tapatalk
jayellul
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby pyroay » Mon 17 Nov, 2014 11:12 am

I have purchased a number of products over a 18mnth period and always had good service and support. The freight costs are definately no the cheapest around, especially if only looking to buy 1-2 items but for any reasonable sized order (over say $150) its no issue.

Support has been there also when questions needed and i had an issue with a small skimmer a while back, very well handled.
10x4 Mixed Reef
10x4 Predator Tank - Back up and running.

Sustainable reefing with 100% of power consumption offset by Solar
pyroay
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby jayellul » Mon 17 Nov, 2014 8:33 pm

jayellul
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Doomant » Tue 02 Dec, 2014 8:14 am

Never had a Issue with Guppies, I have found his after sales extremely good. To the extent I received info back within 5 minutes on a Sunday night after 10pm! Don't get that many other places!
The only thing that limits what I buy is the choice of postage.
Anthony.

My RSM130 (Closed Down)

My Money Pitt

[URL=http://www.aquaticlog.com/showcase/dashboard?aquariumId=467]
Doomant
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby bkpatterson » Tue 02 Dec, 2014 6:54 pm

In the past I have purchased many things from Guppy's Online Aquarium Supplies and have never had any problems until about a couple of weeks ago.

I purchased a couple of items on his website and a few days later one of those items arrived. Initially I first thought ok maybe the 2 item was sent separately so I waited a couple more days but my 2nd still had not arrived. I therefore sent an email to the support@guppysaquariumproducts.com.au E-mail and that night I received an E-mail back from Andries stating the 2nd second product had not been sent because the only item left of the shelf had been damaged and therefore could not be sent. He went on to state that a refund had been arranged and that he sent me a message via paypal which I found strange because I paid directly with a credit card not via PayPal.

I thought fair enough though so I purchased the same product from another company and then waited a few more days for the refund to appear in my account. After waiting for about 1 week with no refund coming through I E-mailed Andries again asking when I could expect to see the refund and since this time I have never heard anything back. Just today I have given the matter 1 last ditch effort and I have E-mailed him at avk@bigpond.net.au and have also messaged him on Facebook.

I will wait a couple of days and see what response I get.
bkpatterson
Hi, I am new around here!

Postby Andries » Tue 02 Dec, 2014 8:27 pm

bkpatterson wrote:In the past I have purchased many things from Guppy's Online Aquarium Supplies and have never had any problems until about a couple of weeks ago.

I purchased a couple of items on his website and a few days later one of those items arrived. Initially I first thought ok maybe the 2 item was sent separately so I waited a couple more days but my 2nd still had not arrived. I therefore sent an email to the support@guppysaquariumproducts.com.au E-mail and that night I received an E-mail back from Andries stating the 2nd second product had not been sent because the only item left of the shelf had been damaged and therefore could not be sent. He went on to state that a refund had been arranged and that he sent me a message via paypal which I found strange because I paid directly with a credit card not via PayPal.

I thought fair enough though so I purchased the same product from another company and then waited a few more days for the refund to appear in my account. After waiting for about 1 week with no refund coming through I E-mailed Andries again asking when I could expect to see the refund and since this time I have never heard anything back. Just today I have given the matter 1 last ditch effort and I have E-mailed him at avk@bigpond.net.au and have also messaged him on Facebook.

I will wait a couple of days and see what response I get.

Look in your c/card. The refund will go back into the same card you used to pay for the goods, depending on your bank it can take a few weeks for them to credit your card.
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby bkpatterson » Tue 02 Dec, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks Andries,

If you say the refund has been completed I'll take your word on that, but I can definitely say the refund hasn't gone back onto the card because I've been scanning it like a hawkfish, only debits no credits:/ Either way I will contact my bank and see if they can shed any light. I must admit I've never heard of refunds taking 2 weeks to hit the account but as I said if you say the refund has been completed from your end I will contact my bank and hassle them. Also sorry if I sent you a few E-mails recently but all I wanted was confirmation that the refund had been completed. Time to call the bank.

Thanks Andries.

As for anyone else reading this and considering purchasing from Guppy's as mentioned I've had no problems over the years until now but maybe this is NAB's Fault.
bkpatterson
Hi, I am new around here!

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Guppy's Aquarium Products Online