• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Review on the service and products from Guppy's online

This forum is run by Guppy's Aquarium Products Online (a MASA Business Partner). Please feel free to use this forum to discuss any topics about products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

Review on the service and products from Guppy's online

Postby Rhys123 » Thu 13 May, 2010 9:05 pm

Well as some of you would know I have been very critical on the service and products offered by Andries via Guppy's online.

Recently I set up a pretty large outside propagation system and found myself in the market for about $1500 worth of equipment. Generally speaking I absolutely hate ordering stuff online but after having several conversation with Andries I felt very much at ease and went ahead and placed an order.

Keeping in mind this is just my experience.

I queried Andries over several weeks before placing the orders he was very polite answered every question and PM I sent usually in a matter of minutes or if he wasn't online as soon as he came back online the question was answered. I found all Andries answers to be truthful from the quantity of stock he had (he even warned me that he knew I wanted a product and he only had one left but he would be getting more in the near future) to delivery time.

I ordered in my first shipment a pair of large Blumen Bright reflectors comparing them to the Lumenarcs that I have seen I honestly can not tell the difference and if anything the Blumen Brights seem to be made to a better quality (the material is definitely thicker giving it a more robust look and feel) I would have to say at $155 these are very good value even if you add $20 each for shipping (and it wasn't that much because I ordered of the items) I don't think there is a better or cheaper reflector in Australia (it is definitely of a better construction then the Lumenbrights I am using) I also ordered a ballast and a bulb.

The package arrived 8 days after it was sent as advised it would and was probably the best packed package I have seen for a long time (nothing broke)

Andries supplied me a trace number for the package when I asked for it he doesn't supply this with the order when I queried him about this he told me that with the number of orders he does each day he just can't supply a trace number unless asked to which is understandable.

All in all I give Andries service a 10 out of 10 the service was fast the product was top notch and the questions before and after the purchase where all answered politely and quickly

Well done Andries
Rhys123
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online

Postby Sin » Thu 13 May, 2010 10:14 pm

Great review Steve, I have ordered from Andries many times and cannot fault his service.

He has also responded to emails within the hour and my orders arrived a couple of days after they were placed. Great service time and time again. :thumbsup:
Sin
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Moderator

Postby PeneJane » Thu 13 May, 2010 10:33 pm

The couple of times I have ordered from Guppys I have been very happy with the packaging.

I did a lot of research via these forms about this company when I was looking into the gear for my cube. There was a lot of good and bad out there, but I took my chances and am rather happy I did.

So far I can't fault them to any great degree. Everything I ordered (including my lights) arrived well packed and unbroken.
Being the smartest idiot is not really something to brag about.

STRESS = The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the living crap out of some A Hole who desperately deserves it!!
PeneJane
Veteran Reefer

Postby camo1 » Fri 14 May, 2010 11:25 pm

Andries prices is probaly the reason i was able to get into the hoby as an apprentice :cheers:
camo1
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Rhys123 » Tue 18 May, 2010 6:20 pm

Have you tried sending him a PM I have mine answered within minutes if he is online if not the next time he is.

Second parcel arrived all good purchase went flawlessly.

Cheers
Rhys123
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Andries » Tue 18 May, 2010 9:53 pm

Rhys123 wrote:Have you tried sending him a PM I have mine answered within minutes if he is online if not the next time he is.

Cheers

Hi Steve

Now you will have light. I am getting a new range of m/h globes in stock in +-3 weeks. I think they will be just as good or better than BLV. I am getting 14K, 50K and 25K. I would like you to test and give a little write up as I know you use BLV and will be honest about it. I am sure I will still convert you to a new brand and save you lots of $$$
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby Rhys123 » Tue 18 May, 2010 10:26 pm

Sounds like a plan mate always keen to save a little bit of cash

I will be in line for some bulbs so drop me a line when they come in

Cheers
Rhys123
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Andries » Wed 19 May, 2010 2:32 pm

n0rk wrote:
Andries wrote:
Rhys123 wrote:Have you tried sending him a PM I have mine answered within minutes if he is online if not the next time he is.

Cheers

Hi Steve

Now you will have light. I am getting a new range of m/h globes in stock in +-3 weeks. I think they will be just as good or better than BLV. I am getting 14K, 50K and 25K. I would like you to test and give a little write up as I know you use BLV and will be honest about it. I am sure I will still convert you to a new brand and save you lots of $$$

Any info on the brand these are, Andries? Only companies I can think of that supply halides in those spectrums are Japanese... and they're all pretty bloody gun at what they do.

The factory that makes them manufacture OEM for Hamilton Technology, Sfiligoi and Fauna Marin. I am getting the same globes but in the SMG brand also sold in Germany.
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby RedLineR » Thu 17 Nov, 2011 6:44 pm

My skimmer needle wheel somehow managed to break into a million peices and Andries sorted out a replacement and repair within two days!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Need I say more?

Thanks a million for the top service. :thumbsup:
RedLineR
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Matt_84 » Fri 29 Jun, 2012 8:57 pm

Andries' prices and service are fantastic!
There was a very minor issue with one of my orders and was sorted out within a couple of hours. All other orders have arrived quickly and without fault.

Highly recommended!!!!!
46lt Boyu nano - Up and Running

My 6x2x2 PLC Automated - Under Construction

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt .
Matt_84
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby tremble » Wed 10 Oct, 2012 11:21 am

Just wanted to say a thanks to Andries on my latest order. Great service and speedy delivery... and he put up with several emails with my annoying questions :)

I will happily continue to give my business to Guppys
tremble
Veteran Reefer
MASQ Member 2016-2017

Postby CoralAddict » Tue 04 Dec, 2012 8:31 pm

Hey Andries,

recieved my chiller and other bits and pieces this morning. very quick as always (ordered sunday night). Hopefully i will get a chance to plumb it in tmr at some point.

Thanks again.

kodey
CoralAddict
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby NewyReefer » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 9:01 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know how awsome Andries is, i made a order it arrived super fast, great product and great price.
There was one small problem sent a pm and was answered straight away and sorted out :bow:

Thankyou.
NewyReefer
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Depths of blue » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 9:37 pm

Another happy guppys customer here, had a slight issue with the site and my order this morning, was sorted within half an hour of sending Andries a pm. Excellent customer service :)
**LAURA**
Cirrhilabrus Addict
Want a colorful reefsafe fish? Check out fairy wrasses!
Depths of blue
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby jeisner » Wed 17 Apr, 2013 3:13 pm

Also happy with Guppy's, ordered a number of things from him, all fine and very well priced.

I recently finally had a problem with an order and unlike Reef Shop :furious:, Andries emailed me back within a few hours and seemed to actually give a toss..

:clap:
jeisner
Centurion Reefer

Postby Doomant » Wed 17 Apr, 2013 8:58 pm

Guppies has been awesome to deal with. When I had a drama with a pump I emailed him at 10pm and he responded straight away with a solution. His service is second to none.
Anthony.

My RSM130 (Closed Down)

My Money Pitt

[URL=http://www.aquaticlog.com/showcase/dashboard?aquariumId=467]
Doomant
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby Htu08 » Sun 06 Oct, 2013 9:14 pm

Easy business to deal with, fast shipping and great prices.
Htu08
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby Dribs » Sun 06 Oct, 2013 10:25 pm

:withyou:
Htu08 wrote:Easy business to deal with, fast shipping and great prices.
Dribs
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby florix » Fri 28 Mar, 2014 1:33 pm

Just thought I would post a bit of a review. I have ordered many times from guppy's and have found that as the business grows it only gets better. I ordered a fair amount of items for the new setup and I have never had such fast service. I might add I have never had an issue with the service over the years.
florix
Veteran Reefer

Postby Andries » Fri 28 Mar, 2014 2:50 pm

florix wrote:Just thought I would post a bit of a review. I have ordered many times from guppy's and have found that as the business grows it only gets better. I ordered a fair amount of items for the new setup and I have never had such fast service. I might add I have never had an issue with the service over the years.

Thank you for your continued support, we really appreciate all the support we are getting from our customers.

Regards
Andries
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby titusho » Fri 25 Apr, 2014 7:06 pm

Yes another happy customer here, shipping to Melbourne is very very fast and pack well, however, I have not been able to pm Andries at all because over the last 3 years all orders I made were spot on and no issue at all!
titusho
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby Andries » Fri 25 Apr, 2014 7:14 pm

titusho wrote:Yes another happy customer here, shipping to Melbourne is very very fast and pack well, however, I have not been able to pm Andries at all because over the last 3 years all orders I made were spot on and no issue at all!

Thanks mate, we try :thumbsup: and we really appreciate your continued support.

Regards
Andries
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby plasmod3 » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 11:37 am

hi andries,

i bought a whole heap of salifret test kits and msged you through ebay to see if i can get a tracking number as they have not arrived yet. I have not heard back and it has been a few days, do we have a tracking number? if so can you kindly pls pm it to me here?
plasmod3
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby Andries » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 12:38 pm

plasmod3 wrote:hi andries,

i bought a whole heap of salifret test kits and msged you through ebay to see if i can get a tracking number as they have not arrived yet. I have not heard back and it has been a few days, do we have a tracking number? if so can you kindly pls pm it to me here?

I can email you the tracking number on Monday, I am not at work now. Send me an email to avk@bigpond.net.au and we will reply on Monday.

Regards
Andries
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby Robbie_Tee » Wed 28 May, 2014 10:29 pm

Andries is awesome!

I got my CT-170 lights from him. Asked Andries a heap of questions about it over a few weeks and every time had an answer within minutes of sending the email! I thought I was the only one out there that replies to emails within minutes but I was wrong! :)

Thank you very much for your awesome prompt service it's good to find a reliable online supplier.

Cheers

Robbie
Robbie_Tee
RTAW Reefer

Postby Andries » Wed 28 May, 2014 10:32 pm

Robbie_Tee wrote:Andries is awesome!

I got my CT-170 lights from him. Asked Andries a heap of questions about it over a few weeks and every time had an answer within minutes of sending the email! I thought I was the only one out there that replies to emails within minutes but I was wrong! :)

Thank you very much for your awesome prompt service it's good to find a reliable online supplier.

Cheers

Robbie

Only a pleasure Robbie. I would love some feedback on the light please. :thumbsup:
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby mcs » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 8:25 pm

Good service on buying new products, can't seem to get any replies for warranties on equipment though.

So good and bad experience for me.

Cheers.
mcs
RTAW Reefer

Postby Andries » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 9:45 pm

Send me an email to avk@bigpond.net.au
If you sent us an email today, I just started answering the emails and will get to your email tonight.
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Postby mcs » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 10:05 am

Sent about 3 emails all up and friend sent 4 and no replies or help, good luck never using guppies again.

Thanks anyway Mark.
mcs
RTAW Reefer

Postby Andries » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 11:25 am

mcs wrote:Sent about 3 emails all up and friend sent 4 and no replies or help, good luck never using guppies again.

Thanks anyway Mark.

Did you use the correct email because we answer all emails as soon as we can. avk@bigpond.net.au
Maybe look in your junk file, our reply might be there.

Andries
Andries
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Registered Business

Next

• Advertisement

Return to Guppy's Aquarium Products Online